Saturday, June 7, 2008

DB's Lawn Care Laws of Nuisance

Once again, I was on extremly long hiatus- if I had more readers, more time or made money perhaps I could do this more often.
I thought I would come up with something creative, but unfortunately all I can think of is mowing yards. You would feel the same if you mowed around 50 yards a week. All of you who are saying he cannot even think- just shuttie!!!!

As for this blog I am going to give you Dave's Laws of Nuisance in Lawn Care:

1. You always run out of trimmer line in the last few feet of yard.
2. You always run out of gas in the last couple minutes of mowing.
3. The Scott's lawn service will go ahead and spray a yard even if you had edged it so you can mow it after you finish the yard you are on.
4. Equipment always acts up when you are behind and really need to get caught up that day.
5. One of your clients will rip you off before the year is over.
6. If you try to move your office to the garage it is difficult if you have 6 push mowers, 3 edgers, a pressure washer, 6 trimmers, 2 riding mowers and even more equipment.
7. When you work 6-7 days a week it is difficult to move into the garage and to have a garage sale to make room for your office.
8. Rule 4 also applies to the one day a month where I actually have plans to do something.
9. A crazy lady customer can make your day a downer (ask my brother in law) and you can never satisfy her.
10. Gas prices tend to spike immediately before I need to purchase it.
11. No one believes that I actually mow 50 plus yards a week- they always say so mething or looked miffed. (Or mention that the yards must be the size of a postage stamp.) I only wish they were that small.
12. June means we still have to wait for UK football and basketball season.
13. You should not keep saying yes to more projects unless you grow extra arms or add a additonal day to the work week.

Just remember this blog may be boring but UK sports never are.
Have a great summer.
DB

No comments: